What we will deliver
Stronger Somerset will deliver:
- Stronger local economies, generating wealth for local people, the wider region and UK economy
- Great places to live, work and study, balancing new homes and facilities to support growing and existing communities
- A Green Somerset achieving net zero carbon, creating new green businesses and jobs, and protecting our valuable environment
- Excellent and affordable services, working in new ways to improve those services that people value most and are vital for our communities
- Two new councils, one for Western Somerset and one for Eastern Somerset, replacing the existing five councils
- £70m net benefits to local services over the first 5 years
The Government consultation on our plan closed on Monday 19 April.
Thank you to everyone who took part and made their views known.READ OUR CONSULTATION RESPONSE
A local poll will now take place from 18 May to 4 June.
Look out for voter packs in the post.